Needless to say, with the turmoil that has surrounded my life over the last year, I haven't done much entertaining or baking. I used to love it. I especially loved trying new recipes, particularly when friends were coming over! I am not sure they ever knew how much they were my guinea pigs for new recipes. So....for last night I was determined to try at least one new thing and it turned out great if I do say so myself. It was also easy, which put my nervous self at ease. After DS2 and I went to the Farmer's Market and picked up some fresh peaches (they are just coming into season!) I made a Rustic Fresh Peach Tart which was topped liberally with whipped cream before serving. It is definitely a keeper and I will be making it again! I actually made 2 of these to make sure we had enough.
Rustic Peach Tart
For each tart you will need:
1 Ready to use refrigerated pie crust
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 large fresh peaches, peeled & sliced (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Unroll pie crust on foil covered baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sugar & cinnamon.
- Mix 1 Tablespoon sugar mixture into softened cream cheese.
- Spread cream cheese to within 2 inches of edge of crust.
- Reserve 1 Tablespoon of sugar mixture.
- Toss peaches with remaining sugar mixture and spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- Fold over edge of crust, overlapping peaches just a little.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over tart.
- Bake 25 minutes or until crust is golden and fruit juices are bubbling.
- Cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.
- Top with whip cream before serving! Enjoy!!!!
|Rustic Fresh Peach Tart|