Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Into My Heart...



I love reading all different kinds of blogs, some light and funny, some showcase great talent & craftiness, and some that share a journey and then there are those others that defy category (you know who you are!)  Southern Somedays probably fits more into the light and non-serious category and that has been Ok for the most part, but now I am feeling a tug on my heart telling me I should share more of my heart, more of my journey...also known as "be more transparent."  That is a hard one... especially when people you know IRL read your blog.  I actually debated starting another anonymous blog for sharing but then felt really compelled to just share more of my heart, my struggles, here on Southern Somedays.  I know I may lose a few readers and, of course risk some cutting commentary, but I really feel I need to open up more here about who I am and not just the pretty parts of life. Though, don't worry, I don't plan on becoming all doom and gloom (although I may have my moments)  Trust me when I say...this is going to be hard.

I hope you will stick with me and share your hearts as well. 

8 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

I have often found when a blogger bares their soul...they get a big round of applause and retain readership. Unless you confess to murder or something, I am sure things will be fine. Besides, it's not like losing a few readers will affect your income or anything right?

I Do Declare said...

I'll stick around - I love it when bloggers are candid...but like you, I also struggle with putting it all out there sometimes, too!

Sues said...

I love transparency! I look at life as, "What's the point, if you're not deeply connecting & investing in others?" Why hold back & exist in a private bubble? I love everyone knowing all of my details, b/c when people truly know me, we can go forward together with genuine ease. :-)

Southern Lady said...

Being transparent is hard for all of us. I'll read your blog no matter what you post. I think we should all be real with each other. Can't wait to get to know you better! Carla

Hines-Sight said...

I'll be looking forward to your posts.

The City Boy said...

this is hard to do...i feel the same way. I dont mind sharing stuff as long as people I dont know in person are reading it! but now that more people know about my blog its hard

Ally Garner said...

Go for it Michelle! I'm a reader because I think you're truly funny, real, incredibly sweet and you have always tried to build a community here. I can't wait to see what new chapters you're beginning here on the blog!

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

I hope you will find opening up to be helpful and therapeutic. You always have such a great attitude in your comments so I hope you will let your blog friends lift you up and support you!