Tuesday, November 25, 2008
So, along with my pies to bake and turkey's to brine, I have also started the Christmas decorating! DD and a friend put her tree up on Sunday. Today I will do DS#2's tree and hopefully get started on DS#1's tree. I have a system where as I attempt to start the Sunday before Thanksgiving doing a tree (or more) a day that week. That way at least the upstairs trees are completed before Thanksgiving, which will only leave the 2 for downstairs to be done after Thanksgiving.
This year my family is so excited about the holidays! We are always big holiday people but this year it seems ratcheted up a bit. I am not sure why. Maybe it is all the dreary, depressing news we hear and we want something more positive to focus on (???). Last year I was sick during the holiday season so we didn't do alot of the little things we have always done and I do think they missed it. It isn't about gifts either because all three seem pretty hard pressed to come up with anything they really want (love that!). It truly seems to be that everyone is just looking forward to the traditions we have (and to have children actually verbalize this makes me so happy). Either way, I am not complaining, just enjoying the spirit of the season.
So, no matter what your plans are to celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope this week finds you feeling blessed and with a thanks filled heart.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Friday, November 07, 2008
Monday, November 03, 2008
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Jackie!
You are a Jackie. "I do everything the right way."
Jackies are realistic, conscientious, and principled. They strive to live up to their high ideals.
How to Get Along with Me
* Take your share of the responsibility so I don't end up with all the work.
* Acknowledge my achievements.
* I'm hard on myself. Reassure me that I'm fine the way I am.
* Tell me that you value my advice.
* Be fair and considerate, as I am.
* Apologize if you have been unthoughtful. It will help me to forgive.
* Gently encourage me to lighten up and to laugh at myself when I get uptight, but hear my worries first.
What I Like About Being a Jackie
* Being self-disciplined and able to accomplish a great deal
* Working hard to make the world a better place
* Having high standards and ethics; not compromising myself
* Being reasonable, responsible, and dedicated in everything I do
* Being able to put facts together, coming to good understandings, and figuring out wise solutions
* Being the best I can be and bringing out the best in other people
What's Hard About Being a Jackie
* Being disappointed with myself or others when my expectations are not met
* Feeling burdened by too much responsibility
* Thinking that what I do is never good enough
* Not being appreciated for what I do for people
* Being upset because others aren't trying as hard as I am
* Obsessing about what I did or what I should do
* Being tense, anxious, and taking things too seriously
Jackies as Children Often
* Criticize themselves in anticipation of criticism from others
* Refrain from doing things that they think might not come out perfect
* Focus on living up to the expectations of their parents and teachers
* Are very responsible; may assume the role of parent
* Hold back negative emotions ("good children aren't angry")
Jackies as Parents
* Teach their children responsibility and strong moral values
* Are consistent and fair
* Discipline firmly
http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/are-you-a-jackie-or-a-marilyn-or-someone-else-mad-menera-female-icon-quiz">Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz at